Man, it’s so fun seeing all the mtb buzz in town this week for natty’s and all summer long – hope everybody is enjoying it!! Here is some important stuff – spread the word:
- July 16th – weekly mtb Youth Ride 4:30pm at Adventure Center – Main Lodge – FREE bike rental and FREE pedal passes – more kids on bikes!!! – MORE INFO
- July 24th – DH VC’s round #3 – get more info, results, race calendar, etc
- August 22nd -Bodie Bowl – mountain bike race in historic Bodie – more info
- August 29th – Ezakimak- climb up Mammoth Mountain – more info
- Sept 6 – Big Friggin Loop (and Mini Friggin Loop) – great fitness builder for those riding the century and Kami
- Sept 12 – High Sierra Fall Century / Gran Fondo
- Sept 18 – Caldera 250/500 – enough said
- Sept 24-27 – Kamikaze Bike Games
I’ve never raced an Enduro. I figured there’s a reason why they’ve become so popular. Timed segments that test your downhill descending skills (of which mine are mediocre) mixed with some un-timed climbing segments (of which I’m decent at). The Kamikaze Bike Games were in town, and racing was in the air. I rode the Fall Century on Saturday with a Wounded Warrior for Disabled Sports, so I wasn’t able to race the XC Mountain Bike Race (unfortunately, the schedules conflicted).
The Enduro was on Sunday, and I was jonsin’ to get dirty – so what the heck? I decided to do the Enduro on the fatty bike.
I inflated the tires to a whopping 12psi (I pinch flatted a couple weeks ago riding hard on Richter at 5psi – so I wanted to play it safe). I kept my 32:21 gearing, which in hindsight was a mistake because…
View original post 229 more words