Fun in the Summer – Calendar, Updates, ETC
Man, it’s so fun seeing all the mtb buzz in town this week for natty’s and all summer long – hope everybody is enjoying it!! Here is some important stuff – spread the word:
1. TODAY/TONIGHT (tuesday, 7/14) – High School MTB “Ride With a Pro” followed by pizza and Singletrack High Movie Screening. Register at Canyon Lodge 3-4pm, ride from 4-5:30 followed by pizza and screening up at Grizzly Theatre. FREE for all kids ages 10-18. please spread the word to anyone you know with kids – lets get them out there on bikes and get stoked to ride!!
2. good luck to everybody racing in Natty’s – i’ve got two words for ya: GET SOME!
3. Sierra 7500 Redux – 27 and 50 mile course — registration is open and free, we’ve got a handful of people signed up already – this ride will get you fit!!. Click here to join the madness on August 16th.
4. Caldera 250/500 Update — I’ve been fielding a bunch of emails lately about gpx, cues, etc — everything is pretty much done for both routes – gonna be finalizing in the next couple of weeks. I’ll write up a detailed blog post with much more info soon – it’s happening yo!!
5. Mammoth Lakes Big Friggin Loop – mark your calendars now for Sept 6th. the best 50 mile loop of Mammoth singletrack is back. new for this year – the “Mini Friggin Loop” – still finalizing it – but if 50 is too much for ya, this will be a great route. We’ll cut down some of the stuff in shady rest, and lose the san joaquin ridge climb, etc – goal is to make it around 25-30 keeping all the best elements… stay tuned…
calendar of upcoming local riding –
- July 16th – weekly mtb Youth Ride 4:30pm at Adventure Center – Main Lodge – FREE bike rental and FREE pedal passes – more kids on bikes!!! – MORE INFO
- July 24th – DH VC’s round #3 – get more info, results, race calendar, etc
- August 22nd -Bodie Bowl – mountain bike race in historic Bodie – more info
- August 29th – Ezakimak- climb up Mammoth Mountain – more info
- Sept 6 – Big Friggin Loop (and Mini Friggin Loop) – great fitness builder for those riding the century and Kami
- Sept 12 – High Sierra Fall Century / Gran Fondo
- Sept 18 – Caldera 250/500 – enough said
- Sept 24-27 – Kamikaze Bike Games
ride hard, smile harder.