Fat Bike Mammoth Meeting Notes: 9.11.14
9.11.14 – Z Ranch, 6:00pm
— Here’s what we discussed:
- Thank you to the 12 people that made it to the meeting, and many others that emailed they couldn’t make it but wished they could. We focused solely on the Final Wilderness Inventory maps that were created by the USFS as part of the ongoing Forest Plan Revision process. There are many areas that might be proposed for Wilderness designation that could very negatively affect our mountain biking opportunities in the Inyo National Forest.
- We printed out large maps from the Forest Service website and studied the areas that are being included in the proposed Wilderness Inventory.
- We came up with a list of areas of proposed Wilderness that severely affect current mountain biking opportunities, as well as areas that could be developed for mountain biking in the future and should be protected from Wilderness designation to keep those opportunities alive.
- We are quickly working to create maps with GIS data that includes mountain biking & fat biking rides/trails in these “proposed Wilderness” areas to include with our comments.
- We will submit these maps and comments before the Sept 22nd and Sept 29th deadlines.
- Next week, we will send out an email with our comments (for you to use and study as you see fit), all the info to make it SUPER EASY to submit your individual comments, or sign on with MLTPA’s comments. If you’re not part of our Google Group, shoot us an email and we’ll get you on the list.
Other than that, we drank beer and ate cheap chili dogs and fries.